Construction Birthday Party Tips
Construction Theme Party Supplies
Activities and Games |
Build a great kids party with the Construction paper goods. Have guest come dressed in jeans and work shirts and don't forget the hard hats for your construction workers! A fun idea would be for the host (and/or hostess) to wear a nail apron. This could be handy for storing things like your camera and hand wipes. Below you will find decorating ideas for your room and table, activity and game suggestions and party food ideas.
Construction Party Decorating Ideas:
Balloons and streamers...the basic decorating stand-bys...are always an inexpensive and easy way to turn any room into a festive birthday party. Attach streamers from center of ceiling to each corner of the room. Use two colors and twist streamers for effect. Or...attach short streamers from doorways or down walls. Use plenty of blue and yellow balloons. Tie in bunches of 3 around room and/or attach one balloon to the back of each chair at the table. Use extra balloons on the "birthday" chair. Give each child a balloon to take home after the party. A Construction Truck Pinata will make a great decoration and can be used for an activity later. If your child has some large construction trucks, set those around in room.
The easiest way to bring out any party theme is with the paper products for your table.
Decorate your table with Construction theme paper goods for easy clean up. Add plates or napkins in solid colors if desired. Have a few small constuction trucks around on table. Have a Construction theme blow out, construction hat and loot bag for each child.
Fun Idea: Use new contruction hats as snack bowls.
Construction Party Activities
Activity and Game Ideas
1. Pinata - A birthday party isn't complete without a pinata! A Construction Truck Pinata would be a great choice.
2. Construction Zone!
- Tie a string with yellow streamers in an area around your child's sandbox. This is the "Constuction Zone". Have plenty of construction toys for kids to move sand and make roads. Add a few rocks to the sand to make it more interesting.
3. Red Light - Green Light! - This classic game is great for a Construction theme party.
4. Pass the Hat!
- Play a kids song. Have players sit in a circle and pass a construction hat until the music stops. The player left holding the hat when the music stops is out. Keep passing until only one player is left.
5. Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- An old favorite at every birthday party.
Construction Party Food Ideas
Building Makes You Hungry!
Serve finger foods that are easy and fun for children and keep it simple. A fun idea that children love is peanut butter and jelly on party rolls. These are just kid sized! Another idea is to cut finger sandwiches with truck shaped cookie cutters. Add some small snacks such as cheese bits, potato chips, mini chocolate chip cookies or animal crackers.
Serve on Construction theme paper products for easy clean up.
1. Use and new construction hat turned upside down for a chip bowl.
2. Pack lunches in a brown lunch bag so "workers" can eat on the job. (pack a sandwich, chips and juice box)
3. Make (or purchase) chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. Sprinkle chocolate cookie crumbs (or cake crumbs) on top to look like dirt.
The Birthday Cake!
Make your own "Under Construction" cake by swirling the top of a chocolate iced cake to look like roads. (make some hills with extra icing.) Sprinkle some cookie crumbs on top to look like dirt. Add some small toy construction vehicles. Or, order a theme cake from your local bakery or grocery store. BE SURE TO ORDER EARLY!
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES!
Have a GREAT Construction Truck Theme Birthday Party!
Construction Theme Party Supplies